Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Just Six Days...


Wow! Are you sure it has been two months? I'm pretty sure this has all been a dream. There is no way that I have been here for two months. I'm with you dad, I am pretty sure that it was just this morning that I was dropped of here at the MTC. Last week was actually pretty cool. I had the opportunity to be a host. I was there at the curb, watched the elders and sisters say goodbye to their families, and helped them start the greatest journey of their lives. The best part is, I get to do it again tomorrow. It is so cool...it brings back a lot of memories, but they are all very beautiful memories. I miss you all, but there is no other place I could even dream of being. So!! talking about starting a journey, we got our travel plans last Thursday. Are you ready for this?! We will be leaving the MTC in 6 days...next Monday, at 4:30 in the afternoon I will be loading a bus and heading to the airport. We will be taking off at about 7 from the airport, and we will fly to LA. We will leave LA at 1:30 in the morning and our nest stop is Hong Kong!! So sick! We will be there for about 4 hours and from there we will fly to the Philippines. I am so excited..actually, it is a little bitter sweet. You are right Dad, I have gained life long friends. In fact, they are like family. Mom, you received a letter from a sister Walker the other day. We call her mamma, because she is the mother figure of our district. We have all grown close, and it will be hard to leave them, but I am so stoked to finally be out in the field.
 
So the 800 number, how does that work? You will need to send me a dear elder, hopefully today or tomorrow, explaining it so I know what I am doing before I leave here..
 
Yes, I do have my cyprus card. If you could put some money on that it would be fantastic. Maybe $150? I had to dry clean 2 suits...that is a story I do not have time to explain, but another unexpected cost..
 
It sounds like Elder Frosts farewell was beautiful, I really wish that I could have experienced it. It sounds like all of you had very spiritual, but very different insight into it. Can you send me an email in the next few hours telling me when Elder Frost comes into the MTC? If he comes in tomorrow, I will be looking out for him so that I can be his host. I am very proud of Zach for deciding to wear the white shirt. I have grown to appreciate how sharp you look while you are wearing white, even though at times I would rather be wearing a different color. People will take you more seriously, and you will look more like a priesthood holder, someone acting in Gods name, when you wear white. Atta boy!
 
Thank you for sharing those experiences with me Mom and Dad, it means a lot. Oh! Mom, I will be sending you something in the next day or two, if you could pass it on to the Kelleys that would be wonderful.
 
So! As for what my week has been like, nothing exceptional has happened this week, except the travel plans. And, the rainstorm last thursday was beautiful. I sat out in the rain and just watched for about twenty minutes, and to top it off there was a double rainbow over the temple. I did not think much of it, just that it was beautiful. Then sister Schuhmann turned to me with a big smile on her face and told me that that was Gods promise to us that he would not flood the world again. I had forgotten that, and it was a very spiritual reminder for me that Gods hand is in everything, and it was something I was needing that day. I was in an exceptionally fantastic mood that night.
Today was the temple again, it truly is a beautiful thing. I love sitting in the Celestial room, I'm pretty sure that I can sit there and never leave.
 
So, did you say that you were sending photos mom? When will those be here? It is crazy only having a few more days...it trips me out to think about. Well! Enough about that, I am running out of time. I love you all,Ii hope to hear from you soon, and if not, the next time will be on the phone. That will be so weird. Mahal ko kayo.
 
Elder Leonard signing out